Apart from content and learning system development, we undertakes advisory and consultancy roles to organizations seeking to gauge their readiness to embarking in e-learning.
Advisory roles are focused on predominantly curriculum development, e-learning implementation and content development. As advisors, our engagement for the most part fulfills the client's need to organize thoughts, ideas and possibilities. It basically means playing the Devil's Advocate for the organization to tighten up loose ends. Mostly the advisory task revolves around identifying the possible hiccups and measuring the organization's gap between its readiness and its available resources for execution.
The act of consultancy have multi-varied definition. We prepare possible outlines that are personalized to the needs of the organization focusing predominantly on curriculum development, e-learning implementation and content development, based on teaching and learning theories relevant to the organization need and business.
Part of meeting CC's objective in knowledge building is by contributing to the development of educational programs either mooted by CC or in collaboration with 3rd parties like universities. This service includes the creation of:
- curriculum structures,
- work instructional manuals,
and other related documents.
The documents produced by CC are MQA ready and relevant to any training organizations. Working with CC allows clients the accessibility to many experienced educators who are already CC's partners and collaborator.
Proven Development Process
CC's content development process was developed and perfected through experience and years of exposure to the complexity of training. It abides to sound teaching and learning methodologies, and at the same time upholds to strict visual guidelines and best practices in the implementation of the individualized content. The process and diligence ensures that every production of every customized content is delivered as intended by the client and creatively effective.
Embedded Learning Principles
All content developed under the CC banner have learning principles, ANDRAGOGY or PEDAGOGY, one or the other embedded in the content design depending on the purpose and audience.
Content developed by CC could be parked within any SCORM compliant LMS and can be viewed or monitored by clients' personnel anytime and anywhere, for as long as they are connected to the Internet.
What makes us different?
We are not a fancy pancy multimedia house, although we are more than capable to create visually stunning learning multimedia courseware. Instead our knowledge creating interest and skills are steep on pedagogical framework. Every solution we create and develop abides by teaching and learning principles that we reinforce throughout our work so that the intended learning objectives are always achieved.
"Instruction that doesn't teach has no value!" Merill (Component Display Theory)
Without a solid framework of principles to guide the learning process, effective knowledge transfer and retention cannot take place. Training that does not produce knowledge translates into wasted dollars, time and resources for companies.
There is not single learning theory that fits all. At CC, we shall prescribe the appropriate learning theories according to the learning objective and target audience.
Flashy animation and cool sound effects might be nice to watch but if it does not aid in communicating the intended learning objective then we see it as merely a gimmick. An unnecessary cost that was passed on to the customers by multimedia designers who do not create content with any thought on the pedagogical impact it has on the learners.
Our designs are based on the analysis of the content and the objectives that is meant to pass on the target audience.
We carefully select the multimedia elements to be used; audio, video, images, animation. We do what is practical and serves the targeted learning outcome.
Content provided to us are broken down into granular chunks known as Sharable Content Object (SCO).
Each SCO will then serve as ONE Learning Objectives (LO).
This would allow the SCO to be re-used in other courses thus eliminating redundancy in cost and effort of creating newer content.
What is SCORM?
- Acronym for Sharable Content Object Reference Model
- SCORM is a set of technical standards for e-learning software products.
- Created by Advance Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative, a unit establish under the Department of Defense (US), to standardise and modernise training and education management and delivery
- SCORM integrates a set of related technical standards, specifications, and guidelines for e-learning practitioners in create e-learning solutions. - It is the de-facto standard adopted by almost all e-learning practitioners and vendors.
Why is it Important?
- SCORM dictates how e-learning solution providers should write their code so that it can "play well" with other e-learning software.
- The primary benefit of SCORM is interoperability. A SCORM conformant content will work on a SCORM conformant Learning Management System.
- SCORM allows e-learning implementors to choose content from various e-learning vendors and not be tied down to only one.
Where Can I learn More?
Visit the official ADL portal if you are interested to know more about SCORM.
Possibly the biggest challenge to any e-learning initiative is ensuring new content or knowledge subject can be developed and uploaded onto the organisation's Learning Management System soonest possible while keeping content development budget at a minimum.
At Content Capital we understand this dilemma faced by most organisation when it comes to creating new content. Therefore we came up with a training programme to empower subject matter experts to create simple SCORM compliant content using familiar tools such as MS PowerPoint.
A training program that trains the trainer to utilize rapid development tools to create interactive content e.g. simple games and quizzes.
The program particularly emphasize work with open source content authoring tool, namely due to their user-friendliness and familiarity amongst users.
These tools are usually familiar office tools and template-based that can create simple interactive content to create a more interesting and engaging learning experience.
The tool allows content developers to create the less complex content internally, while outsourcing the more complicated content to external parties.
Content development is an expensive initiative. The tool encourages cost effectiveness because content owners who are untrained in IT can create creative and interactive content, utilizing template based tools that are easy to use, familiar and friendly on their own computers.
The training program is web based, hence is available anywhere and anytime for as long as users are connected to the Internet.
Who Needs It?
Trainers and content owners: individuals and organizations involved in creating teaching and learning content.
Anyone with basic knowledge with their office tools can attain more in-depth knowledge of the tools' capabilities.
Users do not have to be IT or graphic/multimedia graduates to harness the tools' capabilities to enhance their interactive content.
Creating relevant and effective content requires a systematic approach. Instructional Designing is a process that provides a means for sound decision making to determine the "who, what, when, where, and how" of training.
Content Capital's ID training focus on technology based training materials, thus the training seeks to educate our participants in the basic principles of designing content for instructional purposes.
Aesthetics are definitely the eye catching mechanism that captures and sustains attention, but we must not be disillusioned that beauty makes the system. As the saying goes 'beauty is skin deep', and it stays true to content development.
Out multimedia training immerses our participants with crucial design principles that is the heart of all multimedia design. We keep our trainees creative and instinctive in their design without loosing sight of the more important aspect of e-Learning, which is the learning objective. At the same time the SCORM element is instilled in every multimedia design we introduce so that we keep our promise that each participant will leave with the same knowledge regarding the tools and techniques we use ourselves in our system development.
Who needs SCORM training?
The Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) is a foundation adopted by the international e-Learning community, hence a valuable knowledge for those embarking on e-Learning initiatives. To comply by its specifications, it is vital that interested organizations understand its concept, purpose and values.
So, SCORM training would benefit managers, authors, developers, and instructional designers of web based training courses. However, learning the technical implementation of SCORM can be complex with 4 different 'books' throwing out high level conceptual information, a content aggregation model, run time environments, learning management systems, sequencing and navigation and more.
At Content Capital we have ingeniously crafted a methodology for organisations to shorten the learning curve by exposing potential users to the tools and techniques we adopt at our workplace. With our easy to digest and hands on approach to absorbing these 4 'books', you'll be able to master the SCORM with better understanding and greater retention in a shorter time period.
Choosing and implementing a Learning Management Systems (LMS) goes beyond the IT boundary. Organisational culture, acceptance to change, and change management is also a key factor in ensuring a successful deployment of an LMS.
At Content Capital, we provide a holistic approach to your LMS needs.
Customer Need-Driven?Our LMS solution is customer need-driven because we realize that a one-size fit all solution is not a dedicated service. We select and customise open-source LMS to tailor the system to its optimum performance only after the understanding of each individual client's requirement.
ScaffoldingCC service exceed mere installation and commission sign-off of deliverables. CC experts will shadow the client during the implementation. Step-by-step guidance is offered until the client is comfortable using the system, hence, putting the rightful ‘driver' behind the ‘wheels' before leaving the client independently driving the system.
- we advocate open source solutions.
- customers should not be held ransom by the vendors for the source code that they paid for in the first place
- why pay more for licensing?
- faster Return on Investment (ROI) and lower Total Cost-of-Ownership (TCO)
- being in the learning industry, we believe in educating our customers
- we transfer our know-how to customers so that they are able to be
- independent in managing their system; hence reducing overall maintenance cost and achieve better ROI and lower TCO
- a well informed and educated customers are happy customers; and we strive on returning happy customers
- the biggest obstacle to any IT implementation is the fear or reluctance to accept change by the stakeholders.
- if not managed well, the IT investment is a potential white elephant
- At CC, we have put in place a well formed change mangement programme to ensure acceptance at all level can be achieved in the shortest duration possible.
AccessibilityAccessible anywhere and anytime because it is web-based. Hence, for as long as the trainer and learner are connected and is online, the training can be conducted at the convenience of the parties involved.
Pivotal Learning Point
As a one-stop center for teaching and learning events, the LMS is easily the main source used for reference, documentation and data keeping/updating.
Hence, the availability of an LMS in any business or organization dealing with teaching and learning would increase efficiency in their deliverables.
- Increases reach amongst learners, shrinking the limitations of time and space.
- Increase efficiency, especially in record keeping and tracking of teaching and learning performances/measurements.
- Increases effectiveness of teaching activities with the improved reach ability and frequency of contact.
- Increases the availability of time to conduct other relevant activities such as research.
- Encourages independent learning due to the flexibility of time and space.
- Allow learners to learn at their own pace, lessening the burden of stress.
- Import SCORM content package via browser interface
- Full SCORM 1.2 & 2004 support for publishing and viewing content
- Content object tracking and monitoring based on SCORM 1.2 & 2004
- Web based. Accessible anytime, anywhere as long as there is Internet connection.
- Compatible with major browsers; Explorer (6,7,8,9), Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
- Flexible user registration; created by administrator, moderated, password protected or open)
- Users can be managed via groups, roles or organisation hierarchy.
- Password protection policy setting.
- Ability to create sub-administrator with profiling system.
- Role-based system permissioning.
- Able to set what users can view, modify, create or delete based on assigned system roles.
- E-mail integration and SMS.
- Chat, wiki, forum, and file sharing.
- Internal system messaging.
- Competency mapping
- Tag competency to courses
- Competency report
- Competency dashboard
- Gap analysis
- Student progress report in gradebook.
- Customisable multilevel report
- Statistical data; time elapsed, session count.
- Course credit report.
- Configurable report view.
- Competency report.
- Automatic report scheduling.
- Export as MS Excel and PDF.
- Question type includes multiple choice, true-false, multiple selection, and open ended.
- Linking question to course content
- est performance report and history
- Poll survey and result display
- Course catalog and programme curricula management
- Setting of course details and parameters
- Manage learning path; content object sequencing and pre-requisites.
- Content object library search engine
- Flexible course subscription methods; automatic(based on role, group or organisation tree), assigned, request or open
- Auto generate PDF certificates upon course completion.